Projects and Organisations supported
by Switzerland Yearly Meeting
Swiss and International Organisations:
Priorities and criteria for service projects
- Does the project help towards the solution of
conflict and maintenance of peace?
- Is our contribution of such a financial order
that the intended contribution to the project will really make
- (related to No. 2) Does the supported organization
need our contribution urgently?
- Does the project prepare people for development
by using local initiative and training?
- Is the supported organization of sufficient transparency
and will it give sufficient assurance for the proper use of our
financial contributions? Is the use of the contributions sufficiently
clear and transparent?
- Is the organization to be supported a Quaker one
or one which follows similar principles?
- Can we expect a long-lasting effect with our participation?
- Are other Quaker service agencies already making
financial contributions? If so, can we work with them to make
an effective partnership or should we leave the support solely
Also playing a certain role is whether our contributions
might become regular over several years, affecting our budget.
These criteria, applied with some flexibility, guide
the selection of projects and programs to be supported by Swiss
Anyone wishing to contribute to any of the projects may do so through
the SYM treasurer.
For further information about the Service Committee please contact:
For information about other Quaker service
bodies in Europe please see the web site of the Quäker Hilfe
or Quaker Peace and Social Witness of Britain